Keeping track of all of your customers and products can be tricky. Perhaps it would make more sense to divide and conquer among different members of your team by assigning account managers or specific locations? Or maybe you'd like to highlight high value products so that you are always aware of how their sales are going and what your stock levels are looking like? Either way, Syft's tags can help.
Our latest instalment of paperless file dividers, a.k.a tags, is here. The Customers and Products tables under Analyze now include tags to help you categorize your sales data in a way that makes sense to you.
Using tags for customers 👥
You can now assign account managers, locations, or value labels to customer data with customer tags. How this works:
- Account manager: Assign account managers to each customer to track the sales performance per manager.
- Location: Use location tags to group your sales data by region - either globally (e.g. UK) or regionally (e.g. New York).
- Value: Tags such as "High value" or "VIP" help you keep track of the behavior of your top customers.
Pro tip 💡: If you’re using tags that relate to people (such as account managers), you can filter for the tag and then share the resulting data with the relevant person directly using live views.
Using tags for products 🧸
You can assign frequency indicators, locations, or margin tags to products. Let's unpack these a bit:
- Frequency: Frequency indicators such "High volume" or "Low volume" help you to analyze specific products' performance and manage inventory levels.
- Location: Location tags group your sales data by region - either globally (e.g. UK) or regionally (e.g. New York).
- Margin: Tags such as "Low margin" or "Margin between 10% and 20%" help you to know what's driving profitability.
Once you've allocated a tag to an entry you can use the "group by" filter or search functionality to interact with your data.
Note 📝: Tags are available at the organization level. Any user in your organization can use tags to classify their data.
Read about tags in more detail in our dedicated guide, complete with helpful videos.
We are super excited about the new tags available for products and customers as we know they will help you to keep tabs on all the relevant information and will speed up your sales analysis.
Next up, we'll be introducing subscriptions tables for e-commerce entities. Keep your eyes peeled!