What are the WorkflowMax and Xero Practice Manager applications?
Xero-owned WorkflowMax and Practice Manager are two powerful project management solutions to help businesses track and make reports about their profitability.
Workflow Max and Practice Manager are cloud-based workflow and job management solutions designed to serve small to mid-size service-based businesses. Along with key project management capabilities, these solutions provide quote creation, timesheets, job costing, and other features integral to the project process. They are also comprehensive tools for tracking time, managing workflows, and billing — all while being conveniently located in the Cloud.
Let’s discuss the main features of the Xero Practice Manager product and how G-Accon can help accountants and bookkeepers reach their objectives. Xero Practice Manager was designed to be used by accounting and bookkeeping firms in conjunction with their clients’ use of Xero Online Accounting. It is a cloud-based application where users are able to access the application from any device at any time. It provides the tools to manage Xero client jobs and workflow efficiently from start to finish, helping you manage your projects from A to Z.
In a nutshell, what can Xero Practice Manager do and how will G-Accon help you?
- Practice Manager will help you assign work to staff members, look up staff schedules, view the jobs that are scheduled, see who is assigned on the schedule, set task deadlines and milestones, notify staff, mark projects complete, see productivity targets, and view actual billable time on the dashboard. Now all these details can be downloaded from Xero Practice Manager accounts to your Google Sheet by using the G-Accon for Practice Manager add-on.
- Practice Manager can push sales invoices to Xero and G-Accon helps you do this in a more efficient way. For example, you can create invoices and upload them to the Practice Manager in bulk and then have them sent to the Xero application.
- Practice Manager gets payment confirmations back from Xero. Once an invoice has been reconciled in Xero, it’s marked off as paid in the Xero Practice Manager, giving you an accurate picture of profitability on each job. The same information gets automatically downloaded to Google Sheets through G-Accon based on your indicated schedule.
- G-Accon can help you create Purchase Orders and import them manually or automatically from Google Sheets in bulk to the Xero Practice Manager, which converts them into Xero account payables. G-Accon will assist you with raising the purchase orders and receipt supplier invoices by importing these objects into the Xero Practice Manager. Once received, the details are automatically pushed to Xero for payment of the invoice. Your job costing is complete without you having to do a thing.
- You can easily use G-Accon to build your BI solution in Google Charts, Data Studio, Tableau, Looker, Microsoft Power BI, and other BI products. You can build an invoice dashboard where users can view the whole invoicing process. The dashboard displays information such as money coming in, clients owing the most money, and a list of draft invoices that have not yet been approved. You can also present different types of invoices such as progress and final invoices, create progress invoices for WIP, and display deposits, payments, miscellaneous costs, and discounts to the progress invoice. For final invoicing, users can invoice for all completed works, bundle multiple invoices into one final invoice, and apply a discount if desired. Both estimated and actual time and costs can be invoiced and users can easily set a default invoice type that will automatically be used when billing clients.
- Finally, you have the ability to generate customized reports directly in Google Sheets. You can create and customize the following reports: Purchase Order, Quotes, Invoices Details. and Summary.
WorkflowMax is also a very powerful, flexible, end-to-end job management software that is designed for small to medium-sized businesses. You truly can do it all with the WorkflowMax project management software –– from quotes to invoices and everything in between. Manage, track, and report on every aspect of every job for a better view of your employees, profit, and performance. WorkflowMax provides a cloud-based business solution for creative agencies, architects, engineers, surveyors, lawyers, IT companies, construction firms, consultants, & anyone else who bills by time. Xero WorkflowMax helps you to track and report on project profitability by gaining real-time insights to make better business decisions, quote accurately, and optimise job performance.
Let’s review what the main features of the Xero WorkflowMax application are and how G-Accon can benefit users:
- Xero WorkflowMax streamlines your job, task and staff management. Keep track of all of the moving parts and manage your resources, time, costs, and profitability on every job. G-Accon for WorkflowMax helps you download project management data including items such as quotes, jobs, invoices, estimates, and more in Google Sheets.
- WorkflowMax lets you track and record every detail on every job so that you have one single source of truth. G-Accon for WorkflowMax will automatically download job data including appropriate start and due dates, job name, job template, job category, job state, job description, and assigned staff.
- By using G-Accon for WorkflowMax, you can allocate staff to tasks and then give them a checklist of to-dos, estimated task times, and due dates so that everyone knows what they’re meant to be working on and for how long. All of this can be downloaded to Google Sheets or you can import estimates, jobs, and times manually or automatically from Sheets to your WorkflowMax accounts.
- You also have the ability to generate customized reports directly in Google Sheets. You can create and customize the following reports: Purchase Order, Quotes, Invoices Details, and Summary.
- Job costing and profitability
- Estimated cost –– see your estimated costs broken down into individual tasks.
- Quoted cost –– this report integrates with your quotes for an automatic and accurate picture of your quoted cost.
- Actual cost –– measure your actual costs as they come in to see if your staff are quoting accurately.
All of this data can be automatically downloaded into Google Sheets by using G-Accon.
To summarize what G-Accon can bring to you daily operations
G-Accon for WFM & XPM lets you bi-directionally connect your Google Sheets to and from Practice Manager and WorkflowMax. This means that you can now easily export data and reports, design your own custom reports, make changes, and upload data in bulk to Practice Manager or WorkflowMax directly from Google Sheets.
You will have a 14-day free trial where you can test out these innovative features before committing to the product. Our product is available in Google Workspace Marketplace and can be installed in your Google Sheets under the Add-ons menu option.
G-Accon for Practice Manager/WorkflowMax offers the following powerful features to G-Accon users:
Ability to run your jobs remotely with the Practice Manager/WorkflowMax project manager software
- Unique ability to extract raw financial and management data from Practice Manager/WorkflowMax
- Connect to multiple Practice Manager/WorkflowMax organizations and consolidate data into one or multiple Google Sheets
- Use templates to generate, modify, and refresh standard Practice Manager/WorkflowMax Reports
- Ability to consolidate Practice Manager/WorkflowMax Reports from multiple companies and refresh them in one click
- Refresh data automatically using a flexible schedule
- Schedule backups of historical data
- Data monitoring and alerts
- Send emails automatically with various format attachments, including MS Excel, PDF, CSV or Google Sheets.
- Customize alerts and send them to your clients when a certain criteria is met
- Refresh your reports & dashboards automatically when you are offline. This could be hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly. Furthermore, you can create BI dashboards by connecting your spreadsheets to Google Data Studio, Tableau, MS Power BI, Looker, and other BI tools.