Launching February 2024
2023 was a huge year for AccountKit, we released 100’s of new features, tweaks and improvements, and 2024 is shaping up to be even bigger!
I've always been driven by the need to find practical, efficient solutions for the challenges we face in our own practice and, by virtue of this, our profession.
Today, I'm excited to introduce some of the latest Paid Power-Ups coming out of beta, that we've developed at AccountKit, designed to streamline your accounting processes and enhance your productivity.
Power-Up #1: Knowledge Centre
Your New Operations Centre
In our profession, standardised systems and processes are the key to consistency and efficiency. That's why we've developed the Knowledge Centre. Gone are the days of outdated Word documents and cumbersome processes buried deep within your server.
The Knowledge Centre is a dynamic, easily accessible hub for all your systems, processes, and policies. You can embed videos, screenshots and tables to quickly communicate the key points whilst creating custom tooltips to draw users' attention to the important elements.
It’s designed to ensure that you're always just a click away from where you do your work, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency in your practice.
What to expect:
- The Knowledge Centre will be out of Beta as of the end of January.
- Once out of beta, you can edit current records but not create new ones
- To enable for all users, have your practice administrator add the Knowledge Centre to your subscription.
** Please Note - that you will have to be on the new price model to add this to your subscription.
Power Up #2: Advanced Document Management System (DMS)
Streamlining everyday file management
Handling documents can be a tedious task, especially when working with multiple platforms.
Our Advanced DMS Powerup is built to simplify this by powering up your already existing DMS by adding a skin over popular storage solutions like Sharepoint and Google Drive.
The powerup extends your DMS with this new functionality:
- Setup template folders in bulk
- Setup document and excel templates whilst adhering to naming conventions.
- Direct PDF editing for file verifications and compiling.
- Enable the e-sign integration and dashboards including the sending and auto-filing of documents to clients direct from AccountKit.
What to expect:
- The Advanced DMS option will be out of Beta as of the end of January.
- Once out of beta, you will only have access to the basic functionality for your DMS integrations (drag and drop, rename files, open files in office/google, preview)
- To get access to bulk folder creation, document templates, PDF editing, e-signing integrations and dashboards, you will need your practice administrator to add the Advanced DMS ‘Power-Up’ to your subscription. ** Please Note - that you will have to be on the new price model to add this to your subscription.
- The advanced DMS functionality does not work for Nimbus Portals or FYI (fyi has it’s own advanced capabilities)
Power-Up #3 Empowering Collaboration with Guest Access
Advanced Permissions & Guest Access
Collaboration is crucial in our field, but it needs to be controlled and secure. With our new guest access feature, you can grant specific access to external parties like bookkeepers or CFOs.
Whether it's read-only or posting rights, you decide what they see and do. This feature not only enhances collaboration but also respects the integrity and confidentiality of your work.
But for your team, sometimes you simply need to limit access to specific clients and partners records. This is where the new Restricted Access Groups functionality gives you the power to limit which of your team can access specific clients both at the client detail level and for each tool.
What to expect:
- The Advanced Permissions & Guest Access will be out of Beta as of the end of January.
- New subscribers will have this enabled by default. But if you’re a current customer, you will need to enable this manually by selecting the Enable user permissions button and confirming in the pop-up OR or contact us to assist you.
- You will have a new capability of adding a “Guest User” under User Maintenance.
- Each user will have new options to define specific access to User Maintenance, Practice Settings, client edit capabilities and access to Restricted Access Groups.
- You will be able to define AccountKit Champions in your practice. These are the people we will liaise with to ensure you are getting the best out of AccountKit.
** Please Note -
- If you are utilising the legacy user interface, enabling the new permissions will disable this, as permissions can only be enforced in the new user experience.
- You will have to be on the new price model to add this to your subscription.
These new features in AccountKit are more than just updates; they represent a significant step forward in our continuous effort to make accounting practices more efficient and secure.
As an accountant myself, I understand the importance of having the right tools at our fingertips, and I'm confident that these enhancements will make a substantial difference in your day-to-day operations.
I encourage you to explore these new features and see how they can fit into your workflow. When you’re ready to roll them out, simply have your practice administrator turn the power-ups on within your Subscription Settings or invite your first guest via User Management.
For more information or to schedule a demo, feel free to reach out. Let’s Power-Up your accounting practice, together.