Xero, the global small business platform, is pleased to announce the launch of the first-ever Xero Awards in Canada. The annual program celebrates Xero’s valued community by putting accountants, bookkeepers, and app partners in the spotlight, and recognizing their commitment to excellence and ongoing support of the small business sector.
In its inaugural year, Xero invites its community of accountants, bookkeepers and app partners to submit nominations for the following eight categories in recognition of efforts between April 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023:
- Accounting Partner of the Year
- Bookkeeping Partner of the Year
- Enterprise/National Partner of the Year
- Cloud Champion of the Year
- Innovative Partner of the Year
- Community Partner of the Year
- Practice App Partner of the Year
- Emerging App Partner of the Year
The finalists in each category will be reviewed by a panel of 16 judges, inclusive of a cohort of tech and accounting industry leaders. Among this year’s judging panel are Rick Johal, CEO of CPB Canada, Leonie Phillips, Partner and co-founder of Action Exchange, Steve Janz, Accounting Instructor at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, and Michael Kravshik, Co-founder and CEO at LumiQ.
Judges will look to identify the accountants, bookkeepers, and app partners who have gone above and beyond to offer their clients the best value possible through:
- exemplary service;
- a broader commitment to the communities they operate within; and
- demonstrated innovation that aims to improve the lives or livelihoods of other accounting and bookkeeping partners, or their own small business clients.
“The Xero Awards celebrate achievements and excellence across the Xero partner and app ecosystems. It’s a wonderful opportunity to thank our trusted partners for the amazing support they provide to their small business customers and the value they add to improving the accounting industry in Canada,” said Faye Pang, Country Manager, Xero Canada. “It’s a pleasure to see our partners succeed and we couldn’t be prouder of the contributions they make to our small business community.”
Nominations are open now until August 24, 2023. To learn more and apply, please visit xero.com/ca/awards23 before the deadline. The finalists will be announced on September 27, 2023 with deliberation leading to winner announcements on October 26, 2023. Terms and conditions apply.